Start Afresh in 2010

It's been ages since my last posting.


Somehow I hope 2010 will be a fruitful year in reading, and perhaps to blog about it again. Well, I'm always ever so hopeful at the beginning of the year, I certainly hope this reading momentum will not turn to inertia.

I want to try a short story collections challenge this year, am thinking to read 5 to 10 short story collections written by female writers. I'm thinking aloud here, maybe short stories by Flannery O' Connor, Katherine Mansfield, Alice Munro, Jane Bowles, Doris Lessing, Miranda July, Judith Hermann, Margaret Atwood, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Anne Enright, etc.

Another reading challenge would be to finish two books by great culinary essayist Elizabeth David's Harvest of the Cold Months and M.F.K.Fisher's Art of Eating.

Read!





About this entry


0 comments: